It’s inevitable. Things break in every home. Sump pumps fail, toilets wear out, or the air conditioner doesn’t keep up with the summer heat. These everyday issues can cause big headaches! A home warranty takes the hassle out of home repairs–especially when buying or selling your home.
As a Seller, you can sign up for a home warranty at no charge. Use up to $500 of covered repairs per trade call for problems that occur during the listing period or for issues found during an inspection.
As a Buyer, use your Home Warranty Plus plan (usually purchased at closing) to keep up with repairs that occur after you’ve moved into your new home. Buyers receive up to $2,000 of covered repairs per trade service call.
After your 13-month initial plan, many buyers continue coverage with a monthly A.B. May Service Plan to stay on top of maintenance and repairs.
Learn more about Home Warranty Plus plans and benefits, find helpful resources, and discover answers to frequently asked questions throughout our site. Download a brochure for detailed information about plans and coverage.
Extensive Benefits for Buyers
Buyers choose a 13-month Gold or Silver Plan for comprehensive home maintenance and repair benefits:
- Includes up to $2,000 toward hundreds of covered repairs (due to normal wear and tear) per trade service call with a $75 service fee
- Beneficial annual System Checks for HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and drain systems. No service fee unless an approved repair is also completed.
- Coverage options like backup sump pumps, tankless water heaters, and additional appliances may be customized for your plan
- 15% member savings on repairs and services not included in the plan
- 24/7 emergency service response
(*Gold Plans include cooking and dishwashing appliances. Additional coverage is available for other appliances.)
Everyone deserves a Seller Warranty!
- Free registration (no Buyer Warranty required)
- Active during the listing period up until closing
- No extra cost for HVAC coverage
- $250 credit toward code upgrades
- Up to $500 credit toward covered repairs per service call
- $95 service fee per trade call
Extra Benefits, Extra value
For Buyers: Buyer Warranties now include one-time coverage for a $250 code upgrade. Also, your home warranty now includes System Checks (with no service fee) to spot issues that affect comfort, efficiency, and safety. Since they are included in your plan, we do not collect service fees for System Checks unless a repair is also completed during the appointment.
- Electrical System Check (valued at $150 with no service fee)
Our electricians will evaluate the electrical panel as well as assess the location and function of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, GFCIs, and more to ensure your system is in great condition and properly maintained. We also include thermal imaging to check for hot spots in the electrical panel.
- Heating and Cooling System Check & Clean (valued at $208 with no service fee)
Our technician will test, evaluate, and clean the major components of both your furnace and air conditioner to prevent breakdowns, extend the life of your system, and reduce energy costs. Please supply a new filter for the appointment. Boilers require extra coverage. Performed during non-peak seasons.
- Plumbing System Check (valued at $120 with no service fee)
Did you know most manufacturers recommend flushing water heaters annually to improve performance and lower energy bills? Our plumbing technicians will flush and check your standard water heater as well as check the water quality, water pressure, and sump pump. *Excludes tankless and powervent water heaters.
For Sellers: NEW! All Seller Warranties now include one-time $250 code upgrade coverage that’s perfect for inspection repairs.
SERVICE YOU CAN TRUST WITH A.B. MAY’S DO THE RIGHT THING GUARANTEE®️
We are committed to offering exceptional home service. In fact, we guarantee it! Let us know if you don’t receive five-star service from us, and we will work to make things right. Family-run for three generations, we are committed to doing the right thing every time. We believe exceptional service builds lasting relationships.
WE PROMISE TO:
- Respect you and your home
- Answer the phone when you call
- Respond to emergencies 24/7
- Give our employee technicians top-quality training
- Provide service options with upfront pricing
- Stand by our work
- Provide consistently great service with every call
Ask your realtor to help you register a Home Warranty Plus plan today or register with one of our Home Warranty Specialists. We can’t wait to simplify home service for you!
What is a home warranty?
Home systems work hard every day. A home warranty covers parts and labor for hundreds of household repairs due to normal use during the coverage period. If we can’t fix a covered item, we’ll replace it with a standard-grade product or offer a check based on the price of the repair.
What repairs does a home warranty cover?
In the last year, we have tackled more than 50,000 covered repairs for homeowners like you. Some of the most common ones are:
- Dripping faucets
- Running toilets
- Slow drains
- Failed sump pumps
- Clogged garbage disposals
- Faulty outlets